Possums have an average lifespan of 15 years and are scientifically known as phalangeriformes. This mammal is a small to medium-sized marsupial who can grow up to the size of a house cat. They might look cute and furry but this is not exactly what they are. They can seriously harm you and your pets so never take them lightly. Possums create a lot of havoc once they get introduced to your home. Do you need a possum catcher for your premises? You can call Ace Possum Removal Brisbane at that time as the possumns must be trapped in a safe and humane way.
Are you facing issues due to the presence of possums at your place? Get an end to your worries as Ace Pest Control is best in all ways from inspection to treatment of the property. We have the most professional possum catchers all across Australia. The team of our experts are highly qualified and trained to deal with possums and other pests. It is hard to remove the possum from the premises on your own you need professional help to get rid of them.
Let Us Get Back to You.
Do You Know?
You need to hire an expert for the possum removal from the property killing a possum is restricted in Australia. So while tackling the possum infestation you must be utmost careful.
As soon as you realize that you are having possums at your place, you should take serious action against it as they can damage your property. Possum Removal Brisbane professionals have the license to deal with them and remove them from the premises. You can trust our professionals as they provide the top-rated possum trapping services and use safe, effective, and reliable solutions to catch the possum. The services provided by our team are available on the same day of the hiring. So, call us anytime.
Surprising Facts About Possums That You Should Know
Here are some surprising and interesting facts about possums that you must know about them.
- There are almost 23 species of possums in Australia and brushtail and ringtail possums are the most common species among them.
- Possums can make noises like growls, grunts, hisses, etc.
- Possums are nocturnal which means that they are active at night.
- The bacteria produce through their droppings can cause flesh-eating ulcers.
- Possums are well known for destroying the property, leaving stains, etc.
- The droppings that they leave are so harmful that it can lead to functional disability for the long term in humans.
- Most of the cases are evident that possums become aggressive with pets while snatching food from them.
- Possums prefer to live in trees in rural areas whereas, they hang out on roofs of the house in urban areas.
Common Types of Possum
There are many species of possums at present. Here are a few of the most common varieties of possums.
Common Brushtail Possum
These common brushtail possums are nocturnal and they have a body length of 24 – 40 cm including the tail. They actually eat leaves but they also eat up small mammals like rats etc. These common brushtail possums have large and pointed ears. Their brushy tail has a good grasping power which helps them to move from one tree to another. These Australian marsupials are often city dwellers. These Common Brushtail Possums like kitchen raids, fruit trees, and vegetable gardens.
Common Ringtail Possum
These common ringtail possums are found in the east coast region of Australia. They are rarely found in dry places rather they prefer to live in temperate and tropical environments. Eucalyptus forests are dense and ringtail possums like such places. These possums communicate with soft, high pitched, and twittering calls. You can identify them by their color as they have black or grey fur with white patches under their eyes.
Removal of Dead Possum From The Roof
Possums are a part of wildlife, so there is no permission granted to anyone to kill them. Though they die on their own in the roof and wall cavities of the premises. You can easily spot a dead possum or a rat as you can see a lot of flies over that place and it smells quite bad. Possums may die by eating the rat or rabbit bait or get hurt while snatching the food so you need to ensure that no possum can get inside the roof or wall cavity. Don’t forget that killing a possum with poison is illegal and a dead possum smells so bad for a long time span for at least 2 months.
It becomes a difficult task to locate a dead possum behind the wall cavity. To spot and remove a possum on your own is quite difficult so you need to get instant help from professionals. Without any other thoughts in mind, you can book our experts anytime as we provide 24*7 services. The team of our technicians removes the dead possum with intense care and safety. We use effective and reliable solutions to remove possum and after the removal of dead possum our professionals also sanitize the place before leaving. Just pick up your phone and give us a call to hire our experts at very cost-effective prices.
Signs of Having a Possum At Your Place
There are many possibilities that you must not be aware about the type of infestation at your place. To remove the particular type of infestation from your place it is necessary to know which pest has attacked your place. You can see the following signs if you are having possum at your place:
- Possums are nocturnal means that they become active at night and you can feel their presence as they make loud noises while communicating.
- Possums generate dirty odors through their glands.
- You can spot damages in your garden area which indicates that possums are residing inside the premises.
- You can see the eaten fruits, vegetables, and leaves in your garden area.
- Possums make marks with their claws which you can follow to locate them.
- If you want to search them you need to do that at night when they are most active for searching the food.
- You can see the disappearance of your pet food kept outside.
- Possums make loud scratching noises while building their nests.
- Their eyes glow at night which makes it easier to spot them.
- They have sharp teeth that can damage your furniture, tree logs, and many other things.
These are few indications that you can spot if you are having possums at your place. You need to get professional help as soon as you feel the presence of possums because living with possums under the same roof can be harmful.
Why Choose Ace Pest Control Professionals?
- We have a team of highly skilled and trained professionals.
- Our team has an experience of more than 15 years in removing possum and other pests.
- We provide safe and effective removal of possum from the premises.
- The services we provide are fully guaranteed and result oriented.
- Our specialists provide 100% customer satisfaction.
- We can tackle any type of pest present at the premises.
- We have a team of local experts with 24*7 availability of services.
- The professionals are certified and licensed.
- We use eco-friendly solutions during the service.
- We also provide emergency services to the clients.